**PLEASE READ AND REVIEW ALL COMPETITION RULES, AS ADJUSTMENTS HAVE BEEN MADE**
Please contact us if you have any questions
1. All films must be produced by the 4-H members. All work, including script, directing, costumes, etc, is to be original work of
4-H members. Adult supervision and consultation is allowed, but immediate and/or direct adult work on the film is not permitted.
2. Each film crew may have ONE official adult supervisor that can be only be consulted for advice, assistance, safety supervision, etc. The designated adult must not have direct involvement in creating the film.
01. All film entries are allowed 10 minutes maximum and 2 minutes minimum, including beginning/end credits. You can send a formal request to [email protected] to ask for extended time.
02. Films do not have to be related to 4-H themes, but should be created around the film theme of ANIMALS for 2019.
03. Film registration - Online film registration is due by TBA. All materials (scripts and final film uploaded to You Tube AND or delivered by Flashdrive) MUST be turned in by the set deadline on TBA. This gives participants a little more time after registration to finish any last-minute editing. Please check that all films are downloaded in the highest quality formats as possible. Please do not film in 3-D.
04. All film casts and crew are automatically entered for all categories this year. the judges will chose each winner per category.
(a) Best Picture - Films with overall exceptional action, costuming, script, and directing - BEST Trailer and BEST PSA not included in this catagory.
(b) Best Actor - Film actor with outstanding acting skills (e.g. speech, movement, character, etc.)
(c) Best Actress - Film actress with outstanding acting skills (e.g. speech, movement, character, etc.)
(d) Best Costume and/or Makeup - Film actor/actress with the most excellent costuming and/or makeup
(e) Best Director - The director chosen by the cast and crew to lead the group (like a Junior/Teen Leader) that directs, and supports the cast.
(f) Best Editor -The best edited film will determine this award.
(g) Best Screenplay - The script of each film will be judged for creativity, originality, etc. An official scriptwriter should be chosen to put together the script.
(h) Best Special Effects - Film that presents illustrious use of special effects.
05. All films should be given a title.
06. The cast/crew of the film do not have to originate from the same 4-H club. Non-4-H participants are allowed to act in the film, but only registered 4-H members will be allowed to run for an award.
**07. UPDATE: Majority (50-100%) of participants featuring/acting in film must be youth (4-H or non-4-H)
08. Film directors are asked to please send in their scripts as part of the validation process.
09. There should be at least 3 members in a film cast/crew.
10. Casts are welcome to create a poster for their film as an additional side contest entry, but are not required to do so. Posters will be judged the day of the Film Festival.
11. Films that are created specially by or contain Primary groups will still be qualified to be judged and receive awards.
12. Any films using profanity and/or inappropriate material will be disqualified immediately.
New Categories: Public Service Announcements (PSAs), Trailers, and Documentary
01. All PSAs and Trailers are to be a minimum of 30 seconds and a maximum of 1 minute.
02. There will be an award for BEST PSA and BEST Trailer and BEST Documentary.
01. Judging is to be completed by adult judges that have had film/acting/leadership/theatrical experience, those being a mixture of film industry professionals and adult 4-H volunteers.
02. Judging evaluations are to be used by adult judges to determine winners.
03. All judging, except of Posters, will take place prior to the event.
4-H Film Fest Date
01. The location of the event will be at the TBA.
02. The dress code for the Film Fest is formal; participants are encouraged to wear dresses (e.g. prom, wedding,) or dress shirts, slacks, etc (tuxedos are not required).
No jeans or t-shirts please!